All boxers participating in the 2017 Fight For Charity event are raising funds to support the following Long Island-based organizations:
The Long Island Community Chest (LICC) was founded by Matt Silver and Jamie Austin, when they realized there were many families that were slipping through the cracks, needing a little help to get them back on the right track.
They wanted to prevent short-term family crises from turning into long-term problems. So they set upon creating an organization that would provide opportunities for individuals and companies to give back to the local community in a positive and uplifting way. Today Long Island Community Chest is made up of individuals and companies based on Long Island who are making a difference.
LICC is an on-going fund that provides immediate, short-term financial support to needy individuals and families on Long Island. It is a 501c (3) nonprofit organization interested in helping people who have nowhere else to turn for support.These are the individuals in the community who have exhausted all traditional means of help.
Fight for Charity is seeking to break its fundraising record in support of Long Island charities. This nonprofit organization has already donated over $1 million to Long Island charities since its founding in 2003.
- The Long Island Community Chest provides short term financial assistance to fellow Long Islanders in need, such as a mortgage payment, oil bill, health care bill, etc.
- The LI Community Chest gives individuals and families the ability to stop worrying about today and focus on building a better tomorrow for themselves, their families and their community.
The mission of the National Foundation for Human Potential is to promote, develop and encourage educational and support services for children and adults with different abilities through financial and other means of support. To meet that purpose, the Foundation raises funds and provides contributions and grant awards to organizations, which build communities.
- The mission of the National Foundation for Human Potential is to promote, develop and encourage educational and support services for children and adults with different abilities through financial and other means of support.
- To meet that purpose, the Foundation raises funds and provides contributions and grant awards to organizations, which build communities.
- Family Residences and Essential Enterprises, Inc. (FREE) benefits and proudly supports more than 4,000 individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities, mental illness and traumatic brain injury. FREE provides a diverse array of supports and services including: housing; recovery services; transition to work; employment; day, community and family services; respite; crisis services; education and after school support; specialty health services; and advocacy.
The mission of Eden II/Genesis Program is to provide people with autism specialized community-based programs and other opportunities, with the goal of enabling them to achieve the highest possible quality across their life spans.
- The mission of Eden II/Genesis Program is to provide people with autism with specialized, community-based programs and other opportunities.
- Their goal is to enable them to achieve the highest quality of life possible.